Breed Clubs are set up by people who feel they know enough about their chosen breed, in real life and in petz, to represent it within PKC, advise PKC Show Sites on the breed, as well as owners and breeders of the breed. The responsibilities of the Breed Clubs include:
- Establishing a breed standard based on real life (based on international breed standards, not a specific country's standard).
- Maintaining a registry of all PKC petz that are registered with them.
- Maintaining a registry of all PKC breeders that are registered with them.
- Holding speciality shows for special points. These points are not PKC points and graphic awards are not usually given. The progress and standing of the petz are usually tracked on a table.
- Supporting and advising Show Sites, breeders and owners of the breed, as well as the PKC Registrars.
There may only be one Breed Club for each breed. Each person may only run one Breed Club.
PKC Breed Clubs